Tuesday 17 March 2009

12 Mar 09: First Day in Beijing

The journey into the Chinese me started with a 3 hour bus ride in the wee morning from Ipoh to KLIA, a 2 hour wait for my MAS flight (Thank god for cheap promotional flights by MAS, I have the damnest luck!) and finally a 7 hour plane flight arriving at 2:30 pm at Terminal 2, Beijing International Airport. It was cold when I arrived, a -4 degrees to my knowledge, and the familiar sight of Starbucks is great for thawing the cold and for killing time. Ode to my darling girlfriend for picking me up and housing me!

That evening, I learnt three things:-

No 1: Taking the Subway in Beijing is damn convenient and cheap. A one way journey costs Y2, that’s like RM1.20 from any end to any station.

No 2: I had still not lost all of my cooking skills, which resulted in nicely roasted ‘char siew’ (credits of taste goes to my girlfriend who had marinated it for two nights)

No 3: Everything in China is BIG, including strawberries! Biggest that I have ever seen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment