Wednesday 18 March 2009

15 Mar 09: Dim Sum & Artsy Fartsy 798

Yummy, yummy authentic Beijing dim sum. It is not possible for me to stay fit here. Aarggh!
I should have carried more rolled oats here. But I must say, there’s nothing better than Ipoh’s Ming Court Dimsum. Although small in portions in comparison, but thrilling to the taste buds. The Har Gau here is huge, at least 2 times bigger than what I had in Ming Court. Reminds me of Dim Sum in Marco Polo, KL.

798 Art Zone is a tribute of old warehouses converted into Art Galleries housing many of China’s local artists. What a great place to just stroll around. Even greater place for me to practice my portraiture skills. Everywhere I turn, I see at least a few people carrying dslr cameras around. It is getting more affordable or maybe China folks are getting richer. We even saw a few serious groups of photographers with models and assistants holding reflectors. I can understand why, every nook and cranny has a great spot for pictures to be taken. So, I could not resist. Again another great place to spend the day if you’re a camera enthusiast.


My own models for the day! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment