Tuesday 17 March 2009

13 Mar 09: Glorious Food & Wang Fu Jin Xiao Sek Kai

Wooo, what great glorious food we had!


Herbal braised Pork with egg (Dung Bo), Three Type Meat Rice (Forgive my direct translation, we all know what a great Chinese linguist I am.. :P ) and Beijing Steamed Buns (Siew Long Pau). Delicious!!! All except for my Beijing Steamed Buns, rated 7/10, the skin was not as delicate as I hoped it to be. All available at the Food Court in the Malls at Oriental Plaza, at Wang Fu Jin Road, costing say around Y15, Y28, and Y10. Was surprised to find good food easily, given my previous experience through guided tours in Beijing.


Wang Fu Jin Xiao Sek Kai (Xiao Sek Kai = Small Food Street) is dotted with small eating stalls and souvenir shops. Fancy a fried grasshopper or scorpion? They have it here. It was too cold and windy to stomach anything, so taking a rain check for another fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment