Saturday 18 April 2009

Night out at La Bamba & Blu Bar!

It was a Good Friday with fun and wacky classmates... :) Again, am having a good weekend recovering from it. And I might just be getting too old for this. I actually overslept and missed my subway stop this morning to reach home and had to detour.

I look forward to Monday for "ting xue" to see the sweared upon antics undertaken by two of our classmates. haha. Remember, if Monday there is the absence of "ting xue", there's always Tuesday! Jia Yao, Gambate!

We were at La Bamba for dinner, a nice restaurant and bar with a pool table on top of Propaganda Club. I should have taken a picture of the enormous pizza (RMB60) ordered by our Japanese mate. Tasty although it was just vegetarian, tomato and cheese. It reminds me so much of the delicious thin crusted Hawaiian pizza in Phi Phi Island of all places. Sorry, I keep thinking of food these days. Must be due to the lack of sugar in my brain. And to those who have know me since uni, I have already cut out the over consumption of coca cola and switched over to jasmine tea. How boring!!! But how refreshing. Yes, my occasional sinning still surfaces once in a while. Am far from perfect, I know. And I do have a long list of petty but delightful sins.

Anyways, again, it was another fun dinner. I wished I could speak a little bit of everything, korean and japanese included so that we could all get to know each other better. The funny thing is, this is the way we get to practise our Mandarin. Its our only common ground. :) After dinner, we met up with a few more friends at San Li Tun famous for its bar street. Its a must go area for those party loving people. Only its a tad much more expensive than clubs at Wu Dao Kou area, mid range I think.


On excellent recommendation, we ended up at Blu Bar or Bar Blu. I must say, 6 flights of stairs? That's just too much! haha. Blu Bar, one of the many clubs in the building occupies the top two floors. But I definately loved having open air drinks on the rooftop. It really sets the environment for the night. This time, 1 mai tai, 1 Kamikaze shot free on the house and 1 Tiger beer. 1 more Tiger beer would probably have given a bigger buzz, but it was just nice. What can I say? I like being conscious at the dancefloor and not kneeling over in the loo. :P

Most patrons at Blu Bar are foreigners. Some might probably even be students from our uni. haha. Only thing that I didn't like was that the ladies' was downstairs which would only spell disaster for one who had a bit too much to drink. We had hell of a time on the dancefloor downstairs. Its the first time that I see some of my classmates hang loose and laugh hilariously. And of course, the first time that I see some of them dance. hahah. Oh, "mi mi", one can breakdance!!! Totally puts my moves to shame. hahaha. I have to admit, it was impressive! Btw, its a full compliment this time.. :P

We definately need an encore in the next round with the rest who couldn't manage to turn up. Its too fun not to have one. Maybe next weekend when we've recovered? =)

Kampai to A Class!


No comments:

Post a Comment