Thursday 2 April 2009

4th Day of Classes at BLCU!!!

These days it feels like I am going back to my student days. Wait, I AM a student! Yay, but a poor one! And classes are getting tougher and tougher every day. Or I could be getting lazier and lazier everyday. :P

Everyday is recently like clockwork. Wake up at 6:15 am and perform the Mad Dash for classes. Feels almost the same as the Mad Dash for work, only that it usually starts at 8:00 am. Arrghh, I almost...almost miss the Mad Dash for work. :P Run down to the underground Subway Station and catch the train to the interchange for Line 13. God help me. I still don't remember the name of the stop. haha. The advantage of being up so early is that I beat the rush hour which starts at around 7:30 am. If I get stuck in that, I would have to elbow out my way. (You only see evidence of the famed 1 Billion people in China at rush hour on the subway. Scary!)

Take a 8 minute brisk walk to transit to the above ground Subway and stop one stop further at Wu Dao Koh station, which is another 10 minute brisk walk to my uni. It takes me one full hour to get to uni. And school starts at 8:00 am. Groan! Oh, and did I mention...I hate the FOUR FLOORS staircase which leaves me huffing and puffing to get to my class. Great news is that I will probably lose more weight by the end of my 3 months class. Yay to that!

We have 3 teachers that teach us different segments;- Reading & writing, Speaking, and Listening. And its a grueling 4 hours straight, with a 5 min break in between for every hour. And yes, we are at the bo, po, mo, fo... hehe although today it was more che, zhe and she. Miss Diao, our reading and writing teacher has a hard time everyday teaching us the phonetics of the language as you can see above. For the life of me, I can't seem to differenciate too well these three sounds. Ah wells...I guess I should get better after more practice. (Praying ever so hard!) And yes, we do have homework everyday. I have to take at least an hour for homework and memorisation of the approximate 25 new words every day. Again, god help me...luckily there's no escaping for now. Somehow, I seem to be getting better every single day.

Class ends at 12:00 pm, so after that we usually have lunch on campus. Have been going to the International Students Cafeteria with another Malaysian friend for the past few days. But today, I had great fun with some other classmates at the Muslim restaurant on campus which was full of students. Surprisingly, it has pretty good food there. We had sweet & sour chicken, naan bread, beef with onions, and some type of naan covered with lamb (I think! Darn, should have taken a picture of the menu!). The meat skewers there are definately highly recommended! I was told that the lamb is even better, but pricey at about RMB16 for each stick. We had the beef one which costed only RMB3 for a stick. In total, each of us paid about RMB18 for about 4 types of dishes. Am definately going to try their other dishes next time.

There are a total of 19 of us in Class 402. And we are so multinational. These classmates of mine in the picture are all of different nationalities. Let's see, we have a Hongki guy from US, a Vietnamese gal from Sdyney, an Estonian gal (Did I get that spelled right?), a Swedish gal and a Korean guy from the US. (Note:- No names shall be mentioned for the moment in case of any future embarassing moments...haha..but I am sure that the mentioned guys and gals can recognise each other here. =P ) I should actually try to pick up other languages. But Mandarin already is so tough, I did probably just collapes from all the mental work. Good luck to all of us! And Cheers to getting to know each other better!
Enjoy picturesque SPRING! (which is also still Brrrrrr...COLD!!! Where is my extra sweater???!!!! Or my human blanket??? Arrgghh..the cons of being single in a 4 season country..ah wells...)

Flowers are springing up everywhere. Seriously a beautiful sight. I feel like I am back in Kazakhstan, only its more beautiful. Took some of these shots on campus and at my gf's apartment grounds. Isn't it really nice? Am tempted to go pluck some flowers, but controlling myself. I don't want the guards to suddenly start running after me. And today, it felt as if spring time is starting to get slightly warmer, which is sorely welcomed. I saw the gardeners at home planting bulbs. I can only hope that they are tulips! The weather has been pretty much good these days. Clear blue skies, if this persists, I dare say, the hazy reputation of Beijing might slowly fade away. Am almost about to start singing "Spring is in the air!" (or technically correct is Summer is on the way! :P )
Cheers to Baby Ts & Sexy Shorts!!!! I can finally start acting young again! Wait, I actually REALLY do feel young. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment